Strictly Come Dancing 2020 is underway, bringing some much-needed sparkle to weekends in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
This year has seen 12 celebrities and their dance partners taking to the floor in a shorter series than usual – with the couples making their dancefloor debut last week.
But as is always the case in week two, we had to say farewell to the first of them on Sunday night, in the first elimination show of the series.
Just who left last night? Here’s what you need to know…
Who left Strictly Come Dancing 2020 last night?
Sunday night’s show saw MP Jacqui Smith become the first celebrity of the series to depart the dancefloor, along with her pro partner Anton du Beke.
Jacqui and Anton – who scored just 12 points for their samba to Tom Jones’ Help Yourself on Saturday night – lost out after facing Jamie Laing and Karen Hauer in the dance-off.
After both had reprised their routines – with Jamie and Karen performing an American Smooth – the judges voted unanimously to save the Made In Chelsea star from the chop.
While Craig said ‘dance merit and routine’ was the reason to save Jamie and Karen, Motsi said: ‘I’d like to say that both couples did very well, I felt that both couples picked up a notch this time.
‘I just have to say that for me personally I think that one couple was a little bit on a higher level so I’m going to save Jamie & Karen.’
Afterwards Jacqui said she had had ‘the greatest adventure it is possible to imagine’, and praised Anton and the show, saying: ‘I am so pleased and proud to have spent this time with you, and to everybody on the programme.
‘I don’t think people realise just how brilliant the team is that put this programme together, and if ever we need Strictly, we need it now. So thank you so much.’
The remaining 11 couples will take to the floor next Saturday night for the series’ annual Movie Week.
Strictly Come Dancing continues next Saturday night on BBC One at 7.25pm.