Top Gear is said to be unlikely to return following Freddie Flintoff’s terrifying high-speed collision.
The 45-year-old England cricket captain was hospitalised in December after suffering face injuries while filming Top Gear at Dunsfold Aerodrome in Surrey.
It was stated at the time that he was ‘fortunate to be alive’ following the December 13 tragedy incident at the test track at Dunsfold Aerodrome in Surrey.
Both the BBC and the Health and Safety Executive initiated investigations into the tragedy last year, with a statement published asserting that ‘all health and safety protocols were followed.’
While many have questioned if the programme would return, sources indicate that the Top Gear production staff has been ‘dismantled.’
According to an insider, the 34th series, which has already been half recorded, will not be completed and will not be shown.
Following an internal inquiry into the tragedy, the BBC declared in March that “under the circumstances,” it “would be inappropriate to resume making series 34 of Top Gear at this time.”
Charlotte Moore, chief content officer, subsequently stated that the focus is on his recuperation rather than hurrying to get the show back on the air.
BBC Studios stated earlier this year that it had ‘concluded its inquiry into the accident at the Top Gear Test Track in Surrey last December, which sadly wounded presenter Freddie Flintoff’.
‘We have genuinely sorry to Freddie and will continue to help him in his rehabilitation,’ the statement said. Under the circumstances, we believe it would be inappropriate to resume production on Top Gear 34 at this time.
‘We understand this will be disappointing for fans, but it is the right thing to do, and we’ll make a judgement about how best to continue later this year.
‘This has also impacted the production team, who we continue to support.’
Top Gear is available to stream on BBC iPlayer.
Source My Celebrity Life.