This Morning employees are allegedly ‘furious’ at not being invited to the National Television Awards.
The NTAs will be held next week, on September 5, at London’s O2 Arena, with some of the greatest personalities in British television expected to walk the red carpet and accept awards.
However, it is believed that Holly Willoughby, Alison Hammond, and Dermot O’Leary were given priority over behind-the-scenes staff on the award-winning daytime programme.
Because of the current economic crisis, This Morning’s celebration will only include on-screen performers and top executives.
According to a source, The Sun, This Morning is’slimming down’ the number of attendees.
‘People are upset at the slimming down, as the show is such a group effort and the awards are usually a big night out for the whole team,’ they said.
‘They’re blaming the cost of living crisis but seem to be splashing the cash elsewhere.’
‘It doesn’t help to shut down rumours of a toxic atmosphere,’ the insider also said.
‘Some people suspect that bosses know it isn’t going to be a stellar year for This Morning after all the scandal.’
According to an ITV insider, ‘there are fewer personnel going this year owing to budget restrictions.’
It would be an understatement to say that This Morning and ITV have had a difficult year.
So it remains to be seen if the long-running show will win the NTA for best daytime show for the 13th consecutive year.
Following years of conjecture, veteran broadcaster Phillip Schofield made a shocking confession earlier this year, admitting to an affair with a much younger male colleague at This Morning.
Phillip had the affair when he was still married and before he came out as homosexual.
He later angrily disputed charges that he ‘groomed’ the individual – who has not been identified publicly – and has defined their romance as ‘unwise but not unlawful’.
After lying about the affair, Phillip stood down as a This Morning host and withdrew from all ITV duties, with former long-time co-host Holly also claiming not to have known.
Now, while Phillip is mainly out of the spotlight, an inquiry into the circumstances behind his departure is ongoing.
It comes after numerous ITV stars, both on and off the screen, stated there was workplace bullying and that the climate was “toxic.”
ITV has hired barrister Jane Mulcahy KC to investigate the incident, and employees are being questioned.
The investigation’s findings are expected to be released soon, with people like Holly allegedly cooperating extensively.
National Television Awards 2023 nominations: List in full
- Beyond Paradise
- Blue Lights
- Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story
- Love Island
- Race Across the World
- SAS: Who Dares Wins
- The Traitors
- Deborah James: Bowelbabe in Her Own Words
- Lewis Capaldi: How I’m Feeling Now
- Matt Willis: Fighting Addiction
- Rob Burrow: Living with MND
- Call the Midwife
- Happy Valley
- Stranger Things
- Alison Hammond
- Ant & Dec
- Bradley Walsh
- Claudia Winkleman
- Martin Lewis
- The Chase
- This Morning
- Loose Women
- The Repair Shop
- Clarkson’s Farm
- Paul O’Grady: For the Love of Dogs
- Sort Your Life Out
- The Martin Lewis Money Show Live
- Brenda Blethyn, DCI Vera Stanhope, Vera
- India Amarteifio, Young Queen Charlotte, Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story
- James Norton, Tommy Lee Royce, Happy Valley
- Judy Parfitt, Sister Monica Joan, Call the Midwife
- Sarah Lancashire, Catherine Cawood, Happy Valley
The Bruce Forsyth Entertainment Award
- Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway
- I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!
- The Masked Singer
- Coronation Street
- Louis Theroux Interviews…
- Piers Morgan Uncensored
- The Chris & Rosie Ramsey Show
- The Graham Norton Show
Serial Drama Performance
- Charlotte Jordan, Daisy Midgeley, Coronation Street
- Danielle Harold, Lola Pearce-Brown, EastEnders
- Dominic Brunt, Paddy Kirk, Emmerdale
- Maureen Lipman, Evelyn Plummer, Coronation Street
Quiz Game Show
- Michael McIntyre’s The Wheel
- Richard Osman’s House of Games
- The Chase Celebrity Special
- Benjamin Chivers, Isaac, The Devil’s Hour
- Bobby Brazier, Freddie Slater, EastEnders
- Channique Sterling-Brown, Dee-Dee Bailey, Coronation Street
- Lewis Cope, Nicky Milligan, Emmerdale
- Ted Lasso
- Young Sheldon
Source My Celebrity Life.