Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.starsandstyle.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
What are cookies and how are they used on our website?
Types of cookies used on our website?
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are essential to enable you to move around the website and to use its features. For example, cookies that enable you to log in to our website.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you and other visitors use our website, for instance which pages are viewed most often, and if you or other visitors receive error messages from certain pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All information that these cookies collect is anonymous and is used to improve how our website works.
- Functionality Cookies: These are cookies that allow a website to remember choices you make (such as your username) and to provide content and features tailored to your interests.
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts to you which are more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as measuring the effectiveness of the advertising.
- Analytics and customisation Cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used, how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our website for you.
- Social networking Cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content you find interesting on our website through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
The types of cookies described above may be “session cookies” which are temporary cookies that are only stored on your device while you are visiting our website, or “persistent cookies” which are cookies that are stored on your device for a period of time after you leave our website.
Third Party Cookies: Some of our third party partners (including advertisers and marketing services companies) may set and access cookies and similar technologies on your computer as well, or we may do so on their behalf. These cookies may provide information to those third parties about your browsing habits and may help them to identify if certain services they provide are being used and to serve advertisements that are more relevant to you. We do not have control over how these third parties use such cookies and similar technologies or the information derived therefrom.
Web Beacons: We may also use “web beacons” (also known as “clear GIFs” or “pixel tags”) or similar technologies, on our website and in our communications with you to enable us to know whether you have visited a web page or received a message. A web beacon is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it can be a visible image as well), located on a web page or in an e-mail or other type of message, which is retrieved from a remote site on the Internet enabling the verification of an individual’s viewing or receipt of a web page or message.
A web beacon helps us to understand whether you came to our website from an online advert displayed on a third party website, measure successes of email marketing campaigns and improve our website performance. They may also enable us to relate your viewing or receipt of a web page or message to other information about you, including your personally identifiable information.
In many instances, web beacons are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
How can I control cookies?
You can delete cookies by changing your privacy preferences in your Internet browser or by using the menu made available on the cookie banner. You also have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our website that depend on cookies.
Some of the network advertisers, ad agencies and other vendors we work with to serve ads on third party websites and across the internet, or analytics providers which provide us with information regarding use of the website and effectiveness of our ads may be members of the Network Advertising Initiatives, the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising and/or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance. To opt-out from receiving interest-based advertising from some or all of the participating companies, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. To opt-out of participating in Google Analytics data follow the instructions: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Please note opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will still receive other types of online advertising from participating companies and any type of advertising from non-participating companies, and the web sites you visit may still collect information for other purposes.
To find out more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
1. Definitions“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. “Public Area” means the area of the Website that can be accessed both by Users and Visitors, without needing to log in. “Restricted Area” means the area of the Website that can be accessed only by Users, and where access requires logging in. “User” means a user who registers on this Website, subscribes to a newsletter, responds to a survey, fills out a form or enters any other information. “Visitor” means an individual other than a User, who uses the public area, but has no access to the restricted areas of the Website or Service.
2. The Information We Collect on the Service: We collect different types of information from or through the Service. The legal bases for Stars and Style’s processing of personal data are primarily that the processing is necessary for providing the Service in accordance with Stars and Style’s Terms of Service and that the processing is carried out in Stars and Style’s legitimate interests, which are further explained in the “How We Use the Information We Collect” section of this Policy. We may also process data upon your consent, asking for it as appropriate.
2.1 User-provided Information. When you use the Service, as a User or as a Visitor, you may provide, and we may collect Personal Data. Examples of Personal Data include name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information. Personal Data also includes other information, such as geographic area or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You may provide us with Personal Data in various ways on the Service. For example, when you register for an Account, use the Service, interact with other users of the Service through communication or messaging capabilities, or send us customer service -related requests.
2.2 “Automatically Collected” Information. When a User or Visitor uses the Service, we may automatically record certain information from the User’s or Visitor’s device by using various types of technology, including cookies, “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites visited just before or just after using the Service, the pages or other content the User or Visitor views or interacts with on the Service, and the dates and times of the visit, access, or use of the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding a Visitor or User’s interaction with email messages, such as whether the Visitor or User opens, clicks on, or forwards a message. This information is gathered from all Users and Visitors.
2.4 Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including Personal Data, from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners, advertisers, credit rating agencies, and Integrated Services. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Data that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as Personal Data in accordance with this Policy.
3. How We Use the Information We Collect We use the information that we collect in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
3.1 Operations We use the information to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide the services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and to provide support to users of the Service.
3.2 Improvements We use the information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Visitors and Users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
3.3 Communications We may use a Visitor’s or User’s email address or other information to contact that Visitor or User (i) for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues related to the Personal Data posted on the Service (ii) with a business transaction purpose; or (iii) updates on products, services, new licensing opportunities, materials, promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. You have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices.”
3.4 Cookies and Tracking Technologies We use automatically collected information and other information collected on the Service through cookies and similar technologies to: (i) personalize our Service, such as remembering a User’s or Visitor’s information so that the User or Visitor will not have to re-enter it during a visit or on subsequent visits; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Service and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service. You can obtain more information about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
4. To Whom We Disclose Information Except as described in this Policy, we will not intentionally disclose the Personal Data that we collect or store on the Service to third parties without the consent of the applicable Visitor or User. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
4.1 Unrestricted Information Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a Public Area of the Service, such as a public profile page, will be available to any Visitor or User who has access to that content.
4.2 Service Providers We work with third party service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to, or process Personal Data as part of providing those services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
4.3 Non Personally Identifiable Information We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our Users’ and Visitors’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, and/or functionality available through the Service.
4.4 Law Enforcement, Legal Process and Compliance We may disclose Personal Data or other information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a facially valid court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies. We also reserve the right to disclose Personal Data or other information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights, enforce our contracts, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
5. Your Choices
5.1 Access, Correction, Deletion We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the Personal Data that you may have provided through your use of the Services. If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Data we hold about you, or to request that we delete or transfer any information about you that we have obtained from an Integrated Service, you may contact us as set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database. You may update, correct, or delete your Account information and preferences at any time by accessing your Account settings page on the Service. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so. You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. At any time, you may object to the processing of your Personal Data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you believe your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws has been infringed upon, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org You also have a right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities.
5.2 Navigation Information You may opt out from the collection of navigation information about your visit to the Website by Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt-out feature.
5.3 Opting out from Commercial Communications If you receive commercial emails from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or by sending an email to the address provided in the “How to Contact Us” section. Users are able to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that they receive from us by accessing the “Account functionality” tab on the Service. Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your request. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
6. Third-Party Services The Service may contain features or links to web sites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
7. Your California Privacy Rights We will not share any Personal Data with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes to the extent prohibited by California law. If our practices change, we will do so in accordance with applicable laws and will notify you in advance.
8. Interest Based Advertising Interest based advertising is the collection of data from different sources and across different platforms in order to predict an individual’s preferences or interest and to deliver to that individual, or his/her computer, smart phone or tablet, advertising based on his/her assumed preference or interest inferred from the collection of data pertaining to that individual or others who may have a similar profile or similar interests. We work with a variety of third parties to attempt to understand the profiles of the individuals who are most likely to be interested in the Celebrity Insider products or services so that we can send them promotional emails, or serve our advertisements to them on the websites and mobile apps of other entities. These third parties include: (a) advertising networks, which collect information about a person’s interests when that person views or interacts with one of their advertisements; (2) attribution partners, which measure the effectiveness of certain advertisements; and (3) business partners, which collect information when a person views or interacts with one of their advertisements. In collaboration with these third parties, we collect information about our customers, prospects and other individuals over time and across different platforms when they use these platforms or interact with them. Individuals may submit information directly on our Websites or on platforms run by third parties, or by interacting with us, our advertisements, or emails they receive from us or from third parties. We may use special tools that are commonly used for this purpose, such as cookies, beacons, pixels, tags, mobile advertising IDs, flash cookies, and similar technologies. We may have access to databases of information collected by our business partners. The information we or third party collect enables us to learn what purchases the person made, what ads or content the person sees, on which ads or links the person clicks, and other actions that the person takes on our Websites, or in response to our emails, or when visiting or using third parties’ platforms. We, or the third parties with which we work, use the information collected as described above to understand the various activities and behaviors of our customers, Website visitors and others. We, or these third parties, do this for many reasons, including: to recognize new or past visitors to our Websites; to present more personalized content; to provide more useful and relevant ads – for example, if we know what ads you are shown we can try not to show you the same ones repeatedly; to identify visitors across devices, sales channels, third party websites and Websites, or to display or send personalized or targeted ads and other custom content that is more focused on a person’s perceived interest in products or services similar to those that we offer. Our interest-based ads may be served to you in emails or on third-party platforms. We may serve these ads about our products or services or send commercial communications directly ourselves or through these third parties. Visitors may opt out of receiving interest based advertising by advertising networks that may be delivered to them on our platform and other websites by visiting the following websites: http://www.aboutads.info/consumers; and http://www.networkadvertising.org. These features will opt a Visitor out of many – but not all – of the interest-based advertising activities in which we or third parties engage.
9. Do Not Track Policy Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the website or online service that a user visits, indicating that the user does not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret Do Not Track signals, we do not currently respond to Do Not Track signals. We continue to work with the online industry to define a common understanding of how to treat Do Not Track signals. In the meantime, you may opt out of receiving interest based advertising from advertising networks that may be delivered on our platform and other websites by visiting the following websites. If you want to opt out of this online behavioral advertising, visit the following sites: http://www.aboutads.info/consumers and http://www.networkadvertising.org. This will opt you out of many – but not all – of the interest-based advertising activities in which we or third parties engage. Choices you make may be browser and device specific. If you delete your cookies or use a different browser or a different computer or device, you may need to update your opt-out choices. Other third-party Websites provide visitors with the ability to opt-out of receiving interest-based ads on their Websites that you need to control through your settings on that Website. For example, to opt out of Google’s use of your online behavior for advertising purposes, visit Google’s Ad Settings page.
10.1 The Following Types of Cookies Are Used in the Website:
- strictly necessary/essential cookies – These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor.
- performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and, therefore, anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- functionality cookies – These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- behaviorally targeted advertising cookies – These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
12. Data Security We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Data in our possession. This includes, for example, firewalls, password protection and other access and authentication controls. We use SSL technology to encrypt data during transmission through public internet, and we also employ application-layer security features to further anonymize Personal Data. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you believe your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section. If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform you and the authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
13. Data Retention We only retain the Personal Data collected from a User for as long as the User’s account is active or otherwise as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as long as needed and in accordance with applicable laws.
14. Settings Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain Personal Data, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
16. Changes and Updates to this Policy Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision, and will comply with applicable law. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
17. How to Contact Us Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your Personal Data, our use and disclosure practices, your consent choices, or any concerns or complaints about this Policy or your Personal Data by email at email@example.com.