Saturday, 4 December 2021
Stars and Style
Image default
Fashion Featured

Rylan Clark banned from Tinder for ‘catfishing’ after split from husband Dan Neal

Rylan Clark banned from Tinder for ‘catfishing’ after split from husband Dan Neal

Rylan Clark has been banned from Tinder, seemingly because the dating app didn’t believe he was who he said he was.

The 32-year-old was attempting to find a date on the app following his split from husband Dan Neal, but was given the boot.

The Strictly: It Takes Two presenter shared a screenshot of his phone which read: ‘Your account has been banned. Your Tinder profile has been banned for activity that violates our Terms of Use.’

Rylan captioned the snap: ‘Catfish’ with a crying laughing emoji.

While the star didn’t reveal what term of use he had apparently broken, one of Tinder’s community rules is that users will not ‘impersonate any person or entity or post any images of another person without his or her permission’.

In the past, some celebs have voiced their difficulties with using dating apps as a high profile person, with Sam Smith explaining they were kicked off dating app Hinge, saying: ‘They chucked me off of it after one night cause they thought I was a catfish pretending to be me.’

The TV star joked that he is a ‘catfish’ (Picture: Instagram)

Sharon Stone also reported she was blocked from Bumble, tweeting: ‘I went on the @bumble dating sight and they closed my account. Some users reported that it couldn’t possibly be me! Hey @bumble, is being me exclusionary? Don’t shut me out of the hive.’

Rylan is currently single after splitting from husband Dan back in June after six years of marriage.

The couple met when Dan was a housemate on Big Brother and Rylan was hosting Big Brother’s Bit On The Side, and got married in 2015.

Rylan said he was seeking help after the break-up, and said: ‘I have made a number of mistakes which I deeply regret and have inevitably led to the breakdown of our marriage.’

Rylan and Dan split earlier this year (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV)

The star took time off work, including stepping down from Eurovision commentary and his BBC Radio 2 show, and it emerged this week that the BBC offered him a year of air to prioritise his mental health.

A source told The Sun that Rylan had concerned colleagues when he cried during his show, saying: ‘Rylan’s one of the BBC’s favourite stars,’ an insider said. ‘When he returned to work everyone supported him but when he broke down people were concerned he’d come back too fast.

‘One of the BBC’s top brass was at the meeting. They even suggested he take a year’s break to focus on himself. Ultimately, they want Rylan to feel supported and happy.’

However, Rylan assured fans that he was doing ok, tweeting: ‘Be assured I’m good. I wasn’t. But I am now x.’

Rylan has since returned to the airwaves, and is back hosting Strictly: It Takes Two with new co-host Janette Manrara, who has replaced Zoe Ball.

 


Credit: Original article published here.You can read this post on My Celebrity Life.

Related posts

The Masked Singer season 3: Full character costumes revealed

John Turner

Little Mix ‘cried all day’ and had doubts before announcing hiatus after 10 years

John Turner

Tom Holland’s brother Harry cut from Spider-Man: No Way Home after being cast in cameo: ‘He’ll be in the deleted scenes’

John Turner
%d bloggers like this: